The Feeding Frenzy of Fear

Fear - I suspect that fear may be the biggest consumer of the human mind and soul.

What is it about fear that settles into the cracks and crevasses of our minds and souls to tear down our self confidence? What is it about fear that creates self doubt with a bridge leading us to inner personal chaos?

I fear being loved, yet I equally fear being hurt by love again. So what is it that I really want? I know in my mind that without taking the risk and chance of being hurt I cannot find love. Yet my heart has been hurt so terribly, I find the fear of hurt so often outweighs the desire to be someone's cherished partner and let go completely.

How long does it take after being emotionally abused and physically neglected by someone before you can give totally of yourself without that fear creeping in and infecting your heart? I do not know this answer. I suppose it's different for everyone - depending on how much you cared, how much you were torn down and for how long. I know for me personally, this will be a work in progress for some time to come.

I ask the universe, "when will it be my turn? When will I find someone that truly appreciates my heart - my soul - and most importantly, my love?" I suppose when my turn is here, I'll know. I won't be able to deny it.

I am constantly reminded as I travel through the years of my life that patience is the greatest lesson I have to learn.