There is an emptiness inside of me

There is an emptiness inside me - an emptiness that sometimes fills my soul.

How can something so empty be so filling? How can I be consumed by nothing?

To be consumed by nothing leaves me feeling nothing except the emptiness.

The emptiness is cold and hard - it is dark and hollow - it echoes the sound of my broken heart and that sound is like a long, silent scream that nobody hears except me.

When the emptiness consumes me, I am completely alone - no matter how many people surround me at any given time. I can never be any more than I am at this moment, and I can never be any less because at this moment I am empty; I am nothing.

There is an emptiness inside me that consumes my soul. For now I must try and live the best that I can, in spite of the emptiness. I must hope that one day I'll be filled once again with the happiness that some how slipped just beyond my grasp. I can only hope that one day I'll regain the part of me I've lost - the part that somehow vanished when I wasn't looking...and took my soul and my spirit for living.

Today though, there is an emptiness inside of me that fills my soul.

Tomorrow is another day - thank god!