Gratitude

As I stood at the sink this morning, washing pots and pans, I realized how grateful I was to have running water. Thinking about the people in Haiti without so much as that, saddened me. Then I realized how grateful I was to have soap, with which to wash the dishes. Then my focus continued to expand, and I found gratitude in my sink. My awareness of all I have and the gratitude that surrounded each item was overwhelming.

My prayers go out today to all those, but especially the people of Haiti, that have so less than so many of us. I take this moment to praise God for all I have been blessed with and hope that his mercy will shine on the ravaged population of Haiti.

God bless each and every one of you. May today shine brighter than yesterday, and with each day come a new ray of hope and promise